Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Discord

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 2,423 Posts

Discord

All-in-one voice and text chat for gamers that's free, secure, and works on both your desktop and phone. Stop paying for TeamSpeak servers and hassling with Skype. Simplify your life.

Discord is free platform with numerous servers (encrypted/ DDoS protected) all with robust permissions and multiple channels.
    Available on desktop and mobile app for gaming chat on the go.

As of September 2017, Team MP is integrating Discord within it's current website.
    Sign up to utilise the text and voice chat features as well as in built steaming services.

Please feel free to use this thread for any Discord related questions.
    Last edited by Major Stains; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:02 AM.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 814 Posts
    Thanks everyone for the continued input on this, and taking the time to weigh in on the path of the community.

For those interested, you can preview the Discord integration / replacement of the chatbox by going to the bottom of this or any forum page and choosing the [Fluid] Morbid Dark option in the theme dropdown.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

JockoPablo (4 Weeks Ago), Siggman (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    Thanks everyone for the continued input on this, and taking the time to weigh in on the path of the community.

For those interested, you can preview the Discord integration / replacement of the chatbox by going to the bottom of this or any forum page and choosing the [Fluid] Morbid Dark option in the theme dropdown.
    Thanks. I can't login/link to Discord though from the chat box. Getting an "authentication error! You have been banned" message.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,624 Times in 1,014 Posts

About time too...
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    Thanks. I can't login/link to Discord though from the chat box. Getting an "authentication error! You have been banned" message.
    Yeah, me too. Sounds like it's not my cookies then. Gink is looking into it. The cookie monster will be pleased that I don't have to delete any cookies.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post

About time too...
    You sure you want to start waving that ban hammer around??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    I love the Discord integration but the text size and color makes the forum very difficult for me to read.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (4 Weeks Ago)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    I love the Discord integration but the text size and color makes the forum very difficult for me to read.
    Heh, yeah, that theme can be pretty rough on the eyes. If we decide to integrate Discord, and get the bugs worked out, it will be added to all themes, so that won't be a problem.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadChaos View Post
    That's two of you now. Hmm. Both on the far side of the pond. Is there anyone not in US/Canada who have been able to login without issues?

@DC, Oddly, you show up in the 'unauthenticated users' as 'MP DeadChaos', so it was treating you as a guest user, not logged in. Though it still didn't show you as banned for any reason.
    Last edited by Gink; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:51 AM.

Thanks
    Considering that the regular chat box is currently showing messages that are 5 days old, and Discord integration seems to be working aside from a few issues that what be easiest to work out if more folks were using the Discord box, I'm considering adding it to the default theme soon.

Obviously, if there's mass opposition to this move, I won't go ahead with it, so please speak up if you don't want to see the current chat box go bye-bye and be replaced with the Discord version that is currently only on the Morbid Dark theme.

If you try out the Discord chat box on the dark theme, and have any problem logging in, please let me know, with as many details as possible as to what went wrong, whether you already have a discord account you were trying to login with, or were logging in as a guest user, etc etc. The more information the better for figuring out any bugs.

Thanks!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

Retro (4 Weeks Ago), Siggman (4 Weeks Ago), tthfry (4 Weeks Ago)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast