Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Discord

Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,020 Posts
    Far side of pond: check
    Having problems: check

When I open the discord chat box, I get a blank screen and it removes the scroll bars from the side of the page.
    I noticed that because it looks like the discord chat box is moving all the rest of the page elements down but I cannot scroll down to check.
    I can close the discord chat box and all the other elements including the scroll bars reappear.

I've tested this on IE11 (work standard)

Will now test on Chrome.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 814 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post
    Far side of pond: check
    Having problems: check

When I open the discord chat box, I get a blank screen and it removes the scroll bars from the side of the page.
    I noticed that because it looks like the discord chat box is moving all the rest of the page elements down but I cannot scroll down to check.
    I can close the discord chat box and all the other elements including the scroll bars reappear.

I've tested this on IE11 (work standard)

Will now test on Chrome.
    Good to know, thanks for the feedback. That sounds like formatting issues due to how I had to hack it into the forum and allow it to be collapsable, as folks seem to prefer being able to collapse it.
    I did all that in Chrome, of course, so it should work better there.

Were you able to get logged into Discord okay? Or have similar issues to other folks?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gink View Post
    Obviously, if there's mass opposition to this move, I won't go ahead with it, so please speak up if you don't want to see the current chat box go bye-bye and be replaced with the Discord version that is currently only on the Morbid Dark theme.
    Objection, your Honor. Well... only a minor one. As it just so happened for me but I like the general idea behind it: Will you be able to include the community milestone announcements into discord? That be fantastic, I really enjoy seeing them pop up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tthfry View Post
    Objection, your Honor. Well... only a minor one. As it just so happened for me but I like the general idea behind it: Will you be able to include the community milestone announcements into discord? That be fantastic, I really enjoy seeing them pop up.
    I don't think so. I'm sure we'll learn more about what the Discord bots are capable of, and maybe even be able to write some custom ones of our own, but I'm not sure this old forum software will play along well. That's the one thing I'll miss about the chatbox as well, so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for some other way to have milestones/achievements like that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

Siggman (09-21-2017), tthfry (09-20-2017)

Thanks
    I had a look at the Discord Hooks the other day and I was able to post to my playground via the API. The chat box must be using some kind of hook too, informing it to post the milestone. Theoretically you would 'just' have to send a POST to a different URL... 😉 Unfortunately I can't fiddle around with vB for the reasons at hand.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tthfry For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    I also get the "You've been banned" message when when I try to log in to Discord from here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tthfry View Post
    I had a look at the Discord Hooks the other day and I was able to post to my playground via the API. The chat box must be using some kind of hook too, informing it to post the milestone. Theoretically you would 'just' have to send a POST to a different URL... ������ Unfortunately I can't fiddle around with vB for the reasons at hand.
    Yeah, I haven't looked much at the Discord Hooks yet, but I have a feeling they are way more friendly than the vB side of things. The current chat box is an installed 'plugin' or 'product' or something, so is most likely a heap of PHP and such that tie directly into the site's workings / has direct access to the user's post count, etc. I'll take a look at the Discord API eventually, and then see if there's a way to send the info out of vB when a milestone is reached.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    I also get the "You've been banned" message when when I try to log in to Discord from here.
    Hmm. So you are seeing the "login to post" button, and hitting that? Then are you getting the Discord login / authenticator that comes up in a new page? It's a multi-step process the first time I come to the site each day, wondering which step is going awry for folks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Hmm. So you are seeing the "login to post" button, and hitting that? Then are you getting the Discord login / authenticator that comes up in a new page? It's a multi-step process the first time I come to the site each day, wondering which step is going awry for folks.
    Yes. I have tried to de-authorise Titan from Discord and then tried authorising again but it did not work. Also disabled Discord two factor authentication but same message still showed.

Thanks
    Yep. I clicked the "Login" button where it says "Please login to post a message." That brings up a window that asks me how I want to authenticate. I clicked Discord, then a window from Discord opened asking me to authorize the connection. When I did that the "banned" error popped up.

I'm trying it again this morning and now when I click "Authorize" the wheels spin but nothing happens. No error, though.

EDIT: In my settings in Discord it shows Titan as an authorized app, so the authorization apparently went through. This site just doesn't see it. BTW: I don't have two-factor authentication enabled.
    Last edited by JockoPablo; 09-21-2017 at 08:35 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JockoPablo For This Useful Post:

Gink (09-21-2017)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast