Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,423 Posts

Ghost Recon : Wildlands - Ghost War

Ghost War is an incoming free Player Vs Player (PvP) update to Ghost Recon Wildlands. In Ghost War, two groups of players will take part in a four-versus-four team deathmatch experience that builds on the tactical squad play from the main game where strategy is equally important to skill. Teams will choose from a roster of varied classes across three categories, Assault, Marksman and Support that fill specific roles on the battlefield as they navigate large-scale, open maps and take down their enemies.
    Read more at Ubisoft.com

Thanks
    As long as it remains playable, this will definitely bring me back to Bolivia. Just jumped into a 4v4 best of 3 on the now available beta, and I absolutely loved it.

What I loved was the short 'best of 3' format, and that players are never fully downed. Meaning they can be revived as long as the timer is running.
    I was last man standing and caused enough distraction to flank the enemy and revive 2 teammates. The balance of power can quickly shift which makes a really interesting dynamic.
    No health regen as such but you get a little adrenalin boost when you are last man standing with quicker revives.
    Suppression and droning make a big difference, and once all the classes are opened up this will make for some really great little skirmishes.

The suspense of trying to flush out the enemy whilst under constant threat of detection in a pouring thunderstorm was really tense.
    Then flanked and rubbed out without even hearing them. Not even sure snipers will face a particular advantage as you can spot them and flush them out with some artillery. Perfect.

Looking forward to see how this develops, hoping Ubi doesn't tinker too much.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    As long as it remains playable, this will definitely bring me back to Bolivia. Just jumped into a 4v4 best of 3 on the now available beta, and I absolutely loved it.

What I loved was the short 'best of 3' format, and that players are never fully downed. Meaning they can be revived as long as the timer is running.
    I was last man standing and caused enough distraction to flank the enemy and revive 2 teammates. The balance of power can quickly shift which makes a really interesting dynamic.
    No health regen as such but you get a little adrenalin boost when you are last man standing with quicker revives.
    Suppression and droning make a big difference, and once all the classes are opened up this will make for some really great little skirmishes.

The suspense of trying to flush out the enemy whilst under constant threat of detection in a pouring thunderstorm was really tense.
    Then flanked and rubbed out without even hearing them. Not even sure snipers will face a particular advantage as you can spot them and flush them out with some artillery. Perfect.

Looking forward to see how this develops, hoping Ubi doesn't tinker too much.
    Sounds really promising, and sounds like you really had a blast!
    I really hope we can get some MPs vs MPs action in this weekend even.

Clap in his walie nieve a blade,
    He'll make it whissle;
    An legs an arms, an heads will sned

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (09-22-2017), GRRowl74 (09-21-2017), Major Stains (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Downloaded and ready to play!

Oh look - I have the day off tomorrow to do some DIY for the missus... what a coincidence.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017), Major Stains (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonkaToys View Post
    I have the day off to do some DIY for the missus...
    Thats why I've been so productive today... DIY? Not so much.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017), TonkaToys (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    mmm, I'm all of a sudden not feeling all that well, babe check my temp, I think I have a fever... no! I have a fever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He'll make it whissle;

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017), Major Stains (09-21-2017), TonkaToys (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadsWilSned View Post
    mmm, I'm all of a sudden not feeling all that well, babe check my temp, I think I have a fever... no! I have a fever

You do look at little peaky... PUUrrr was complaining about feeling a little pawly, maybe it's catching.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017), tthfry (09-22-2017)

Thanks
    You see, I'm telling you I need rest day

He'll make it whissle;

15. The Following User Says Thank You to HeadsWilSned For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017)

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,197 Posts
    Some Bolivian nose candy will clear that right up! 🤧

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

HeadsWilSned (09-21-2017), Major Stains (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Just thinking, if this takes off (even for a short while) once launched then with the 4v4 format like R6:S it sometimes gets a bit tricky when we reach the maximium limit of players.
    Any ideas how we can come up with some sort of rough format for when we roll over into Custom matches? Whilst trying to be inclusive to all MPs/ FMPs and making the game as fun as possible.

I know when we roll over into custom games in R6 we have always stayed together in one voice chat, but even that is limited to 8 players which GR:W could exceed.
    Maybe if someone jumps online and starts the first Party Chat of the day they label it with an 'A' like Team MP Alpha Squad or Team MP Asshats?
    Then once that fills up with 4 players, the 5th person to join starts up the Team MP Bravo Squad or Team MP Buttheads? Whatever.
    And so on.

Then we have the joy of playing in individual squads with separate Party Chat to avoid the confusion that comes with both teams talking at the same time.

Nobody feels left out as the squads will fill up on a first come first served basis.
    Squad numbers could be balanced out via the message group as people come and go, to keep the numbers even.

What do you think? Any ideas are welcome.

From the brief time I have played it, I think individual chat in each squad would enhance the experience with this title. I might (and usually am) be wrong. Or it may not even get that popular again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (09-21-2017)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast