View Poll Results: Horizon:Zero Dawn vs. Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn

5 83.33%
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

1 16.67%
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts

TEAM MP GOTY 1st Rd Match-up #3: Horizon: Zero Dawn vs. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Our third 1st round matchup is between the #2 Seed "Horizon:Zero Dawn" vs. the #7 seed "Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice".

Despite being a console exclusive PS4 game, Horizon:Zero Dawn captured 5 nominations and the #2 seed by virtue of a pretty damn good metacritic score of 89. Hellblade:Senua's Sacrifice captured 2 nominations and had a decent metacritic score of 82.

This is actually a pretty interesting match-up as both are single player games with female protagonists.

Voting will be open for 7 days. It's always interesting to hear your comments on each game, not just your vote - so don't forget to give the reasons for your vote and what you liked about each game. Bonus points for posting Team MP gameplay videos!!

VS:

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Easy vote for me because I thought Horizon:Zero Dawn was the best single player game of this console generation. Here's what I said when I nominated it:

This game is simply amazing and a super-exciting new franchise for Guerilla Games. IMO this is the best looking console game ever released. Amazing lush landscapes contrasting with awesome cool lighting of robotic dinosaurs and in a fantastic soundscape. The enemies are varied and overwhelmingly powerful during the early game - requiring application of strategies to get through. These strategies learned serve you well later in the game, when you are the one that begins to feel OP and have an arsenal of tools at your disposal. The story alongside all this awesome functionality and incredible graphics is also really good - keeping you engaged throughout. I really loved this game and it's pretty close to perfect.
    However, in looking at the match-up, I watched a couple short videos of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and it has some cool concepts; No HUD and no tutorial, and if you die too many times it deletes your save and you have to start over (not too dramatic though for a 6 hr game).

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 1,545 Posts
    No contest for me, Horizon Zero Dawn hands down.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    This matchup kills me. Horizon was a fantastic game, and no doubt is the better of the two games. But Hellblade was something special.... first off, if you have the time, watch the mini documentary pieces on YouTube about the game. They had to do so much with so little, and what they accomplished was one of the best games this year. Getting inside Senuas head and seeing the world from her perspective was one of the coolest gaming experiences I’ve had. Just wish the fighting mechanics were a little better.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gadnos316 For This Useful Post:

Gink (01-22-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I'm still playing through Horizon and can back-up what Spike says in his review.

I'd like to try Senua, but can't vote for it at the moment.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Tough matchup. Wish both of these would have the chance to go a few rounds before running into each other.

I've only played a bit of each, but am definitely more familiar with Senua's, as I followed the development and enjoyed the vlog series that came regularly as it was being produced.
    They really tried to do something unique in today's industry, producing an AAA quality game on a small budget, and with the mindset that not all games have to be either $60 or pixel-art indie titles. That perhaps there is a space for shorter, linear story-driven titles with the same caliber graphics and production, that cost less than $60, and aren't followed by buckets of DLC.

Horizon seems like a fun game, though for as far as I've gotten into it, or seen the wife play further than I have. It hasn't struck me as all that unique or innovative so far. Reminds me a lot of Far Cry. Like primal but 100x better.

For innovation and trying to shake up an industry that's gotten way too corporate, greedy, and cookie-cutter, my vote goes to Senua.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

Gadnos316 (01-22-2018), TonkaToys (01-23-2018)