Thanks

PS4 Random Disc Ejection

Hello Everyone,

Today my PS4 started to randomly eject any disc. I've tried: 1.) taking cover off and spinning screw clock-wise 2.) Turning console on and off 3.) system reset. Nothing seems to be working and I'd prefer not to buy a new system. Anyone else run into this issue? If so did you find a fix? What was it?

Thank you everyone in advance! Cheers

-Allen

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 800 Posts
    Yeah - mine still does that occasionally too.

My theory was that it was dust, so I got one of those computer cleaning air blaster things and shot it a couple of times in the disc drive and it seemed to improve.

Presto Bitch!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 821 Posts
    Haven't run into that, been 90% or more digital this generation. Not sure our newer slim PS4 has ever had a disk inserted.
    Would definitely try thoroughly cleaning it as Spike suggested before replacement.
    Would think it might even be possible to replace the optical drive rather than the whole unit? Not sure though, or how difficult that would be.

Reminds me I really need to disassemble and clean the crap out of our older PS4, seems like it spins the fans up to turbo way too often lately. Probably hot and dusty in there.