Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Let's Talk Music

We had this thread going on the old board, and I didn't want it to vanish.

It is hard for me to name a "few" artists, but I will break it down by genre and try to keep it as short as possible

Metal

By far my favorite type of music. I first got into metal by listening to The Black Album by Metallica, and from there my interest grew to more extreme metal. While I am still a big fan of bands like Megadeth, Slayer, and Iron Maiden, nowadays I listen to death metal bands like Amon Amarth and Necrophagist, black metal bands like Wintersun and Dimmu Borgir, metalcore bands like Unearth and As I Lay Dying, mathcore bands like Protest the Hero and The Number 12 Looks Like You, modern thrash bands like Trivium and Shadows Fall, and experamental metal bands like Horse the Band (their first album is my namesake) Meshuggah and Mastadon.

Underground Hip-Hop

Yes, a metal head can like hip-hop, too. I will say that I do not like the vast majority of rap metal bands, as they seem to combine the worst aspects of both types of music (Limp Bizkit = worst band ever). The hip-hop I listen to is all underground. I listen to artists like Del the Funky Homosapien, Brother Ali, Kottonmouth Kings, and Atmosphere. However, I do like old-school Busta Rhymes, Method Man, Redman and Cypress Hill, and Beastie Boys are alway good.

Classic Rock

Well, my son's middle name is "Lennon," so obviously I am a huge Beatles fan. I listen to a lot of CCR, Led Zepplin, Fleetwood Mac, Johhny Cash (as close to country as I get), etc.

Gothic/Industrial

I used to be a goth for a couple of years. Once I snapped out of my funk I realized that most goth music sucks when you are not depressed. I still listen to Bauhaus and Sisters of Mercy, but that is about it for goth.....unless you include the Cure. I still listen to most of the industrial bands. I am a huge KMFDM fan, and I also like bands like My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult and Chemlab.

Everything Else

Like I said, I am a music fan, so there are bands that do not fit into one of the aforementioned catagories that I still like because if I think it is good I will listen to it (even when most other people don't think it is good). In terms of "indie" I really like the band So Many Dynamos. Cicatriz, if you haven't heard this band, you should check them out. I also listen to comical bands like Tenacious D (Jack Black's band), The Bloodhound Gang and Insane Clown Posse (no one should takes these guys seriously).

The more I type, the more I realize I could type on, and on, and on. I will stop it here. Guess my "make it short" statement wasn't very accurate!

Thanks

Re: Lets Talk Music (Take Two)

myself i am into the more modern rock to hard rock , i have always been a fan of bands like AC/DC , Metallica,Megadeath and others of that genre but as of late i like the more modern rock of bands like Three Days Grace , Apocalypticia , Coheed and Cambria ,Godsmack , and some of The Mars Volta and other modern rock bands , but i do like to listen to some heavey metal sometimes , like Trivium , Mudvane , Slipknot, Sevendust and bands like that...to many to list but there are a few... and one of my alltime favs would be the first cd from Days of The New , to those who don't know them they were a modern rock but with alot of acoustic guitars..and for some people from the Northeast region of the states The Clarks , they are a local band out of Pittsburgh, PA they have a more alternitive sound with some rock thrown in there..
    and for those of you who have Sirius Satalite Radio channel 20 Octane is the only channel i listen to when i'm on the move thewy play nothing but modern hard rock..well that pretty much sums up what i listen to..
    cc|Sniper

Xbox 360

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [MP
    Sniper-1]myself i am into the more modern rock to hard rock , i have always been a fan of bands like AC/DC , Metallica,Megadeath and others of that genre but as of late i like the more modern rock of bands like Three Days Grace , Apocalypticia , Coheed and Cambria ,Godsmack , and some of The Mars Volta and other modern rock bands , but i do like to listen to some heavey metal sometimes , like Trivium , Mudvane , Slipknot, Sevendust and bands like that...to many to list but there are a few... and one of my alltime favs would be the first cd from Days of The New , to those who don't know them they were a modern rock but with alot of acoustic guitars..and for some people from the Northeast region of the states The Clarks , they are a local band out of Pittsburgh, PA they have a more alternitive sound with some rock thrown in there..
    and for those of you who have Sirius Satalite Radio channel 20 Octane is the only channel i listen to when i'm on the move thewy play nothing but modern hard rock..well that pretty much sums up what i listen to..
    Obviously we share an affinity for Megadeth :D --------->

I just started getting into Apocalyptica and I think they are awsome! Cello heavy metal kicks ass! I went to a concert a few weeks ago where the three bands playing were Slipknot, Trivium and Coheed and Cambria. Did you go to that tour? It was an awsome show, but I'm not too into Coheed and Cambria, no offense, so I was a little dissipointed Trivium was opening and not them. I am a HUGE Trivium fan, and since they are from Orlando, there were a lot more fans here to see them and they only got to play 4 songs. Still, awsome show.

Thanks

Rather than try to list what I listen to, feel free to take a look for yourself ;)
    My last.fm profile page
    My iTunes Library
    OMP MP for Life

Thanks

[quote=R.Borlax]
    Quote Originally Posted by "[MP
    Sniper-1":asu7bup7]myself i am into the more modern rock to hard rock , i have always been a fan of bands like AC/DC , Metallica,Megadeath and others of that genre but as of late i like the more modern rock of bands like Three Days Grace , Apocalypticia , Coheed and Cambria ,Godsmack , and some of The Mars Volta and other modern rock bands , but i do like to listen to some heavey metal sometimes , like Trivium , Mudvane , Slipknot, Sevendust and bands like that...to many to list but there are a few... and one of my alltime favs would be the first cd from Days of The New , to those who don't know them they were a modern rock but with alot of acoustic guitars..and for some people from the Northeast region of the states The Clarks , they are a local band out of Pittsburgh, PA they have a more alternitive sound with some rock thrown in there..
    Obviously we share an affinity for Megadeth :D --------->

I just started getting into Apocalyptica and I think they are awsome! Cello heavy metal kicks ass! I went to a concert a few weeks ago where the three bands playing were Slipknot, Trivium and Coheed and Cambria. Did you go to that tour? It was an awsome show, but I'm not too into Coheed and Cambria, no offense, so I was a little dissipointed Trivium was opening and not them. I am a HUGE Trivium fan, and since they are from Orlando, there were a lot more fans here to see them and they only got to play 4 songs. Still, awsome show.[/quote:asu7bup7]

Nope didn't get a chance to see that concert around here , but i do agree Trivium kicks ASS!! , and no offense taken that you didn't care for Coheed and Cambria everyone has their own opinion and as far as Apocalyptica i agree there is something about them using a chello and still able to rock
    cc|Sniper

Xbox 360

Thanks

Oh man, I saw both Coheed and The Mars Volta in concert last year.
    Both amazing! I think I enjoyed Coheed a little more, TMV just fly off on too many tangents live. Coheed stick to their songs so tightly it sounds just like the albums. I wrote up a little review of both. They're online. I can post the links later if you're interested.
    OMP MP for Life

Thanks

My top 25 played iTunes songs: StrawHousePig - iTunes Playlist. I am somewhat embarrassed that I'm number one on that list... :?

I've been playing nothing but Black Moth Super Rainbow while I fall asleep lately.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHousePig
    My top 25 played iTunes songs: StrawHousePig - iTunes Playlist. I am somewhat embarrassed that I'm number one on that list... :?

I've been playing nothing but Black Moth Super Rainbow while I fall asleep lately.
    Black Moth Super Rainbow, nice! I gotta give that one another listen.
    OMP MP for Life

Thanks

Any hard music works for me...
    I love As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Old schoolmetal metallica, iron maiden, judas priest all work for me as well...
    As well as some more Emo type stuff like Dashboard confessinals, Emery, Further seems forever.
    (Ed)
    Psalm 18:39 You armed me with strength for battle; you made my enemies bow at my feet.
    Once a Marine always a Marine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 18:39
    Any hard music works for me...
    I love As I Lay Dying, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Old schoolmetal metallica, iron maiden, judas priest all work for me as well...
    As well as some more Emo type stuff like Dashboard confessinals, Emery, Further seems forever.
    As I Lay Dying = best Christian metal band ever

Iron Maiden = best metal band ever, period

Not too into the Emo. I think it's the tight pants I thought about making an in game account named "ElmoTheEmoEmu." I would cry and stick my head in the sand whenever someone hurts my feelings (if I offended anyone with this remark, please realize I listen to ICP, so my taste in music is obviously questionnable).

Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast