Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 809 Posts
    Ha! Smart teacher, threaten them with something they actually care about.

Norway. That's the cold, windy place next to Sweden.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,192 Posts

Funny headlines....

- Ladies in particular seem offended by it...
    Sports pub in Trondheim changes name after costumer complaints

And the article leads as follows:
    "After six months in business the owners of "The Cock and Balls Sports Pub" have found that the pub name may seem offensive to some of their costumers."

I should point out that Norwegians are a somewhat fragile folk, at least when we're sober, and we do not have the kind of pub culture that you have in other countries. Also, we think the appropriate english word for the grownup male chicken - is "rooster". I would, on a personal note, suggest that six months is a rather long time to research this particular aspect of a business.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 03-06-2017 at 08:18 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (03-06-2017), Major Stains (03-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Hopefully they find "roosters" offensive otherwise I feel sorry for their husbands! This is the world today.....find anything offensive.....post your anger on Facebook/Twitter.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (03-06-2017), Major Stains (03-06-2017)

Thanks

Funny headlines....

Last edited by GRRowl74; 05-03-2017 at 01:06 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-03-2017)

Thanks

Funny headlines....

Playstation article.png
    Here's a nice one. You won't understand a word of the article, but here's an attempt at a translation:

Newspaper: Adresseavisen, Norway
    Playstation enthusiast told to calm down

Neighbours reported screaming and yelling on Saupstad Wednesday night

Police responded to reports of a disturbance in an apartment building in the Saupstadringen area, around 2 am Wednesday night.
    - Neighbours heard screaming and yelling, says officer Håvard Høyem at Trøndelag police precinct. - They couldn't sleep. The patrol we sent, found the source of the commotion to be a resident playing video games.

Police instructed the man to turn the volume down when playing games in the middle of the night.
    - He probably spent a little too much time in his own company, forgetting the rest of the world. He was quick to accept our request to be more quiet. We consider this matter resolved, says officer Høyem.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 06-14-2017 at 12:36 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (06-14-2017), Gink (06-14-2017), TonkaToys (06-14-2017), tthfry (06-14-2017)

Thanks
    You know, GRRowl, I read around a bit in the headlines of Adresseavisen and there was this series about the recent storms around Trøndelag. There was this disturbing headline that went like Den motoriserte sauen kan ta skade.

If it wasn't for the thumbnail, I'd have had no idea what a motorized sheep ("en sau" is a sheep, right?) is supposed to be. Do you crazy Nordmenn really call a lawn mower robot a motorized sheep?!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tthfry For This Useful Post:

GRRowl74 (06-16-2017)

Thanks

Funny headlines....

LOL! That is indeed a disturbing headline. I can assure you that is not the case, btw. Boring old "lawn mower robot" is what we call them too. Well, all but this intoxicated journalist, I assume.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

tthfry (06-17-2017)

Thanks

Funny headlines....

Right. So, you all know summer time can be quite slow on the news front. Not so much in Norway this year, where the headlines have been an interesting read as news of the stone formation known simply as "the Troll Dick" quickly became the stand out story of the summer.

The protruding boulder had been quite the potent tourist attraction, until someone - probably with some kind of penis envy condition or erectile dysfunction as backdrop for their actions - went ahead and cut the Troll pecker clean off.

The story since has been of the ongoing endeavour of repairing the damn thing, giving rise to epic headlines such as: The Troll Penis will rise again, Re-erecting the Troll Dick, and so on.

I'll leave you with the time lapse video of the re-erection process, a costly project which was livestreamed in it's entirety.

If you are in need of a soundtrack for this experience, the ever so famous song, immortalised by the talented singer Josh Groban, entitled "You Raise Me Up" should be an excellent choice.

The re-erection of the Troll Dick in 1 minute

For reference: The Troll Dick in it's original state.
    Last edited by GRRowl74; 07-07-2017 at 10:06 AM.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GRRowl74 For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (07-07-2017), TonkaToys (07-07-2017), tthfry (07-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,992 Times in 1,283 Posts
    Hey honey, how was your day.....ah, just worked on some dick today.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeadChaos For This Useful Post:

Gadnos316 (07-07-2017), GRRowl74 (07-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,275 Times in 2,443 Posts
    Not so much a headline, but still a story that I had to share with tthfry...

Henry Warren wrote not only a great letter to his son, but what made it better for me was the response to the Mailonline on his Twitter feed. Classic.

Dear Mr Warren

This letter is to inform you that I have now taken receipt of your tooth and it is being duly processed in our system.

You will have noticed there has been a delay in your payment for the tooth. Mr Warren, I have to inform you that this is due to the condition in which we found said tooth. We expect a certain amount of wear and tear on the teeth we appraise. However, in this case your tooth had to be referred up to the committee for further analysis.

We believe this is due to the lack of care and attention by yourself. We have detected more than trace amounts of Fantaâ„¢ and residual amounts of both cereal and chocolate which have not been removed by appropriate brushing technique. We recommend you review your practice here as a matter of urgency.

Mr Warren we will accept your tooth on this occasion but we need your assurances that the condition of your next tooth will be significantly better or we will withhold payment.

Sincerely yours

Barry T Tooth Fairy
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

Team MP - "Growing Old Disgracefully "

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (1 Week Ago), GRRowl74 (2 Weeks Ago), TonkaToys (2 Weeks Ago), tthfry (2 Weeks Ago)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8