Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 2,423 Posts
    I was saddened to see the passing of the late great Roger Moore. Surley the best acting eyebrows to ever grace the silver screen.

But this has been somewhat overshadowed by the sickening, cowerdice that took 22 lives and injured many more at the pop concert in Manchester last night.
    Every morning, I eat breakfast in front of the news before I head out to work. Most days my 8y/o likes to sit with me and watch the daily news out of interest of whats happening out in the world.
    Today as the story was unfolding, he turned to me with a tear in his eye and asked "Why do people want to kill children?"
    I was lost for words. I know the reasons why these brainwashed people do things in a false belief but I simply failed to find the words to convey it to my son.

My heart goes out to all those wasted lives last night, and to all those lives affected. Parents sending their kids off to a 'safe' pop concert not knowing the horrors that await.
    Like all the recent acts of terror that have taken place in across Germany, France, US, UK. They simply unite us through the shared grief and love, and will never succeed in stripping us of our civil liberties.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (05-23-2017), donhardeone (05-23-2017), Gink (05-25-2017), HeadsWilSned (05-23-2017), She Hulk (05-24-2017), TonkaToys (05-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    My heart goes out to all those wasted lives last night, and to all those lives affected. Parents sending their kids off to a 'safe' pop concert not knowing the horrors that await.
    This brings a lump to my throat every time I think about the parents and relatives of the kids. On a brighter note, I was gladdened to see how the community pulled together; people offering places to stay to complete strangers, medics that should have been recovering from punishing shifts coming into hospitals, pizza shops delivering free food to the stranded, etc.
    -Charlie

Check out the Team MP World Map. Read about it here

PSN / uPlay: TonkaToys, Windows Live: T0nkaT0ys, Steam: Tonka_Toys, Twitch: TonkaToysUK, Origin: TonkaToys1

(I should just pick one and stick with it!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

Gink (05-25-2017)

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 2,423 Posts
    For many of a certain generation, he sits up there as one of the best to play Batman.
    Rest in Peace Mayor West.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!!!"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Major Stains For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (06-10-2017), Gadnos316 (06-10-2017), Gink (06-11-2017), TonkaToys (06-12-2017)

Thanks
    Grew up on the old Bateman series. One of the best indeed

Thanks
    He was also the awesome mayor in family guy. I use to watch the reruns of original batman when I was little. I'm only 34 so was a little before my time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5