Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 325

Thread: PlayStation 4

  1. #11
    MPV theczech99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Forney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,907
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 146 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Stains View Post
    I know it's speculation, but I read a confident report saying the smart money is on the new PS and XBox hitting the shelves for Christmas this year.
    I’ve read that several times in the past month, both systems should be out by fall/holiday season of 2013. If these next gen consoles can’t run 64 player FPS games like PC can with BF3 or support a game like Planetside 2 they will both be epic fails IMO!

  2. #12
    Mutt
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theczech99 View Post
    I had to update your post from June. Just add one letter and it’s still true.
    Now now let's play nice.

    Here's an interesting read on the 10 year decline of SONY http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012...cline-of-sony/

    Set to JUNK status last year http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500912

    Is Microsoft going to fall to the 3rd console curse?

  3. #13
    MPV Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kitchener ON - Home of the RANGERS!
    Posts
    8,608
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts


    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

  4. #14
    Mutt
    Guest
    I like that guys shirt.

  5. #15
    MPV theczech99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Forney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,907
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 146 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    Now now let's play nice.

    Here's an interesting read on the 10 year decline of SONY http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012...cline-of-sony/

    Set to JUNK status last year http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500912

    Is Microsoft going to fall to the 3rd console curse?
    This is nothing new!

    I'll play nice like you said above and leave it at that.

  6. #16
    MPV Retro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kitchener ON - Home of the RANGERS!
    Posts
    8,608
    Thanks
    789
    Thanked 2,395 Times in 1,545 Posts
    I think if Sony is on the way to Junk stock, Nintendo should be concerned too. Both have swung up slightly, Nintendo on the Wii U and Sony on some promises from CES. I'm more worried about the Big N, they are up slightly but I would have expected better after a new console launch. They are not even back to where they were a year ago let alone two years ago.
    MS is still strong and pretty consistent but Windows 8 should have had a much better impact. They will need the new Xbox to be a hit out of the gate or it could be trouble for them.

    Sony 5 year performance


    Nintendo 5 year performance


    MS 5 year performance


    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

  7. #17
    Mutt
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theczech99 View Post
    This is nothing new!

    I'll play nice like you said above and leave it at that.
    I'm on my mobile so it's hard to type. In response to Retro the Wii U has only been out for a couple of months. So let's give it some time. I say 6 months and then let's revisit this.

    I've been guilty of this and I did it in my own post, my apologies to Retro for last years post and same to you Czech. Let's not have a catch-all thread about next gen consoles but let's focus on PS4 discussions. If I have to I'll delete non-related PS4 posts. We're all gamers and passionate about gaming but let's be respective to each console. Let's talk about the Playstation 4.

    From what I've read is that there was speculation that they were going to launch in 2013 but possibly in 2014? Now they are going to announce pre E3? I think it's coded name Orbis and from what I read no documents refer to it as the Playstation 4. What else is leaked or speculated about the PS4? Specs, features, cloud gaming? Anti-used mechanisms?

  8. #18
    Mutt
    Guest
    VGLeaks Playstation 4 "Orbis" roadmap.

    Update 3: Durango specs updated (GPU & OS)
    Update 2: PS4 & Durango updated
    Update 1: PS4 & Durango rumours summarised.

    http://www.vgleaks.com/orbis-roadmap/

    VGLeaks has released a product roadmap for ORBIS "PlayStation 4" citing the product lifecycle beginning as early as 2011.

    Quote:
    2011 June/July – PC with Win7 64-bit and a “jailbroken” ATI r9 graphics card
    2011 Sept/Oct – PC with Win7 64-bit and a “jailbroken” ATI r10 graphics card
    2012 Q1 – disclosure to more developers
    2012 E3 – potential unveiling window start
    2012 Jul – devkits for engineers writing OS
    2012 Q3 – first true hardware prototype devkits
    2013 E3 – potential unveiling window end
    2013 Q4 – launch
    The full article is at the URL posted at the top.

    PS: Any idea what "Jailbroken" means with respect to the article?

    EDIT: Thanks to sTeLioSco for finding this! :P

    EDIT 2: Rumour Round Up:

    PS4 "Orbis"
    - AMD x86 3.2GHz APU Solution (Jaguar/Steamroller), 4 cores (2 core pairs), [Higher Clock than X720/Durango]
    - Maybe AMD 8000 series GPU solution [Customised Solution Possibly utilising GPU + APU combo]
    - 2-4GB GDDR5
    - Launch Fall 2013/Early 2014

    Explanation: PS4 has a higher clock, but less cores and is using an APU solution (CPU & GPU elements combined onto a single chip). The PS4 has less RAM but is using faster GDDR ram, so the overall performance should be a wash.
    Sony first party teams that are likely working on launch titles.

    Guerrilla Games (Last major game was KZ3 in early 2011)
    Sucker Punch (Last major game was Infamous 2 in mid 2011)
    Naughty Dog (Last major game was Uncharted 3 in late 2011)
    Evolution Studios (Last major game was MS:Apocalypse in mid 2011)

    Then you also have Sony developers who are likely already working on PS4 titles but are not as far along as the above studios:

    Polyphony Digital (Last major game was GT5 late 2010)
    -This studio is notorious for having ridiculously long development cycles.

    Sony Santa Monica (Last major game was GOWIII in early 2010)
    -Stig and team #1 has been rumored to be working on a new IP since GOWIII released.

    Media Molecule (Last major game was LBP2 in early 2011)
    -They are also developing Teraway for PSVita

    Of course, this is all based on when these studios last shipped PS3 games along with knowledge regarding how many teams each studio has as well as the timing of previous output from these studios.

    EDIT:
    Not to mention wildcards like Team ICO moving The Last Guardian to PS4 similar to Ico going PS1->PS2. There are also many "second party" deals Sony likely has in place with studios like Quantic Dream and Insomniac for PS4.
    Source: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=507910

  9. #19
    MPV theczech99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Forney, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,907
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 146 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    I'm on my mobile so it's hard to type. In response to Retro the Wii U has only been out for a couple of months. So let's give it some time. I say 6 months and then let's revisit this.

    I've been guilty of this and I did it in my own post, my apologies to Retro for last years post and same to you Czech. Let's not have a catch-all thread about next gen consoles but let's focus on PS4 discussions. If I have to I'll delete non-related PS4 posts. We're all gamers and passionate about gaming but let's be respective to each console. Let's talk about the Playstation 4.

    From what I've read is that there was speculation that they were going to launch in 2013 but possibly in 2014? Now they are going to announce pre E3? I think it's coded name Orbis and from what I read no documents refer to it as the Playstation 4. What else is leaked or speculated about the PS4? Specs, features, cloud gaming? Anti-used mechanisms?
    I'm not here to bash any console. I have a Wii, 2 PS3, gaming PC, tomorrow I'll have a 360 and that's only this gen consoles. I'm a console fan and was truly pissed off when the reviews of the Wii U started hitting. I expected much more from Nintendo and do so with the other two. If they can't handle 64+ players on a BF3 style game and run the same MMOs with crystal clear graphics that PCs are running now, I'll probably make the move to playing more games on my PC. I want a TRUE next gen console not the same damn console with a better graphics card. I expect to be able to play my PS4 from work using a Vita. Not just sit in the same room with a second screen.

    I hate the Wii U only because I feel cheated as a gamer and hope sony/MS don't do the same!

  10. #20
    Mutt
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theczech99 View Post
    I'm not here to bash any console. I have a Wii, 2 PS3, gaming PC, tomorrow I'll have a 360 and that's only this gen consoles. I'm a console fan and was truly pissed off when the reviews of the Wii U started hitting. I expected much more from Nintendo and do so with the other two. If they can't handle 64+ players on a BF3 style game and run the same MMOs with crystal clear graphics that PCs are running now, I'll probably make the move to playing more games on my PC. I want a TRUE next gen console not the same damn console with a better graphics card. I expect to be able to play my PS4 from work using a Vita. Not just sit in the same room with a second screen.

    I hate the Wii U only because I feel cheated as a gamer and hope sony/MS don't do the same!
    How do you like the Vita? I love handheld gaming and I've posted a few times about it, but this is the wrong forum for that I think. People here are more interested in mobile gaming.

    I was thinking about picking one mainly for the OLED display and honestly I absolutely loved the PSP 3000 and just bought another one last year.

    Some are thinking that the Vita may inteact much the same way as the Wii U and GamePad when the PlayStation 4 is released. That's being said because of the lack of support currently from SONY for it's handheld and maybe they're going to push it when the PS4 is out? It's just speculation though. Cloudsaves are a neat feature between console and handhelds although the downside atm is having to buy a copy for both systems. Your shelling out a lot of money for a title. It would be nice if they would include a digital copy for the Vita game for free if it's available for the PS3/PS4 but that's a pipe dream.
    Last edited by Mutt; 01-14-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •