Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PlayStation 4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
    How do you like the Vita? I was thinking about picking one mainly for OLED display. Some are thinking that the Vita may inteact much the same way as the Wii U and GamePad when the PlayStation 4 is released. It's just speculation though. Cloudsaves are a neat feature between console and handhelds too.
    I don't have a Vita but I've kept up with it . My plan was to buy one later this month with the cash I get for my b-day. There's a place near my work that buys and sells games, movies and electronics like GameStop. They sell used Vitas for $169. I can get games for free for being a PS+ member and I've already started downloading some. At one point they were saying you would be able to play a disc game in your PS3 through a network connection and I'm not talking about having to use a local connection. From what I've read and seen this feature is extremely limited. I would expect this to be fulfilled on the PS4. If not the Vita is an epic fail compared to what I expected. I'm sure it will double as a second screen on the PS4 but that doesn't impress me. Sony has some type of plan for Vita because they haven't dropped the price much yet. I'm sure we will all find out Sony's plan for Vita and PS4 soon enough.

Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by theczech99 View Post
    I don't have a Vita but I've kept up with it . My plan was to buy one later this month with the cash I get for my b-day. There's a place near my work that buys and sells games, movies and electronics like GameStop. They sell used Vitas for $169. I can get games for free for being a PS+ member and I've already started downloading some. At one point they were saying you would be able to play a disc game in your PS3 through a network connection and I'm not talking about having to use a local connection. From what I've read and seen this feature is extremely limited. I would expect this to be fulfilled on the PS4. If not the Vita is an epic fail compared to what I expected. I'm sure it will double as a second screen on the PS4 but that doesn't impress me. Sony has some type of plan for Vita because they haven't dropped the price much yet. I'm sure we will all find out Sony's plan for Vita and PS4 soon enough.
    I was going to use birthday money too but it's first and thrid party support that scares me atm. Ikm waiting for announcements and to see if there is a price drop. It's the extra cost for a memory card that didn't help the VITA and not having any onboard storage either. The way to go with it atm is to use PlayStation Plus for free games and go all digital. I had my eye on the Call of Duty Bundle with the game and memory card but the game is not what people expected. I'll see what SONY announces for the VITA before purchasing it. If they leave it on life support like they have done in the few months. I'm not interested. To give it credit they did have an exceptionaly launch line up for games though.

Edit: if you have not tried second screen gaming, give it a try if you know someone with a Wii U. Zombi U really shows off what it can do. I hope that SONY copies that to be honest. Off TV play is awesome IMO.

Edit edit: Another reason I didn't pick one up is because of the way I use handhelds. I use them mainly at home and sometimes at work. I could never go on the TV so I would game on the handheld and play on the console late at night. The Wii U GamePad has changed all that and that's one reason why I have stayed away from the VITA but -'d like to pick up Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Marvel vs Capcom, Persona 4 and rent movies and watch it in bed on that OLED display.
    Last edited by Mutt; 01-14-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks

PlayStation 4 Dev Kit Specs, Controller, and Multiple User Accounts Detailed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...ounts-detailed

With E3 fast approaching, the floodgates for next-gen rumors are now open. Kotaku has secured new details about current PlayStation 4 development kits, offering insights into the system's potential power, controller, and unified user accounts.
    According to 90 PDF documents reportedly secured by the site, the latest PlayStation 4 development kits issued for January 2013 include four dual-core AMD64 "Bulldozer" processors amounting to a total of eight CPU cores, an AMD R10xx GPU, four USB 3.0 ports, two Ethernet connections, a Blu-ray drive, a 160GB HDD, as well as HDMI and optical audio outputs. The information falls in line with recent rumors and prior development kit leaks. The site cautions that due to the fact that the specs are based on development hardware, the consumer-grade version of the system could differ.
    The information comes by way of SuperDae, the same individual that leaked early images of Microsoft's Durango dev kits and even attempted to sell one on eBay last year.

What's more, SuperDae's developer documents suggest that the PlayStation 4 could maintain the traditional DualShock 3 and Sixaxis controller designs, contrary to the touchscreen, PS Vita-esque controller rumored last week.
    Finally, Sony could allow multiple users to be logged into the system at any given time. According to a diagram used in the documents, each user will have localized saves and be able to log-in and associate their Sony Entertainment Network account to each additional controller. The benefit, Kotaku says, is if four people are playing local co-op, each can earn trophies as they progress.
    Of course, with the leak based on development hardware and an official reveal likely months away, the final version of the system could be an entirely different beast by the time of release.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to theczech99 For This Useful Post:

Mutt
    two Ethernet connections
    Why would you need 2 ethernet ports?

Thanks
    That seemed a little strange to me too. Remember these are Dev kits so I have no clue what they would need them for. Iím focused more on what the engine under the hood contains and not so much worried if the windows are tinted or not.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,397 Times in 1,546 Posts
    Probably if you want to use a "daisy chain" for your network set up.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    I will be buying PS4 day one. I will be standing in line and knocking over women, children, and grannies on my way to pick up the PS4 from my local electronics store. I will be training a few weeks before launch so I have a quick first step and sustained speed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beano For This Useful Post:

Madlob75 (01-24-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Beano View Post
    I will be buying PS4 day one. I will be standing in line and knocking over women, children, and grannies on my way to pick up the PS4 from my local electronics store. I will be training a few weeks before launch so I have a quick first step and sustained speed.
    Iíll just order mine online and let some fool from FedEx deliver it to my house.

Mutt
    The controller touchpad + share button + dualshock

Sources close to the hardware have revealed to us that PS4 will ship with a redesigned controller which is the same size as an existing DualShock but features a small touchpad in place of the existing Select, Start and PS buttons. The tech is based on Vita’s rear touchpad, and is similarly responsive in use.

A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet.
    from EDGE: http://www.edge-online.com/news/playstation-4-revealed/

"British site CVG speculated last week that, because they'd heard the PS4's controller was "trying to emulate the same user interface philosophies as the PS Vita", that meant it would feature a touch screen. Instead, the Orbis' controller features a capacitive touch pad, like you find on the back of a Vita (presumably it's also on the back of the PS4's controller), that can recognise two-point multi-touch. The entire pad can also be "clicked" for an additional input button."

I remember reading after the said there was going to be a Feb 21st reveal that they are going to incorporate a lot more social media aspects into the PS4. So first new controllers since the PlayStation launched in the 90s.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast