Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Thanks
    I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by this game. A while ago the main quest missions started feeling a little above my level, so I took some time to explore the wasteland for more xp. Now I have so many areas and quests open I don't know where to go next. I've been doing a lot of the repeatable BoS quests just to level up some.

I also have the detective missions to do as well as more settlement jobs for Preston. It has been a long time since I did a main story quest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by this game. A while ago the main quest missions started feeling a little above my level, so I took some time to explore the wasteland for more xp. Now I have so many areas and quests open I don't know where to go next. I've been doing a lot of the repeatable BoS quests just to level up some.

I also have the detective missions to do as well as more settlement jobs for Preston. It has been a long time since I did a main story quest.
    That happens. Just remember it's totally 'Choose Your Own Adventure' and make sure you're still having fun. It can be easy to fall into a grind, or feel obligated to fulfill every request that every random citizen might have for you. There's really only a few quest branches that can be cutoff by progression, generally having to do with specific factions, and it'll generally be somewhat obvious if you're about to cut yourself off from some faction or the other.

All that other random stuff, will always still be there. Sure, it might be super easy later on, but, if you're doing it for the story/fun then who cares about the XP and whatnot. I still had a quest list as long as my arm when I finished the main story. And that was even after screwing around with side stuff forever and putting off taking sides as long as possible.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

JockoPablo (07-10-2017), Retro (07-10-2017)

Thanks
    Is it necessary to give settlers weapons and/or armor?

I just now gave my companion (Piper at the moment) a new weapon I found in hopes of making her more helpful in a fight.

What has been your main go-to weapon through most of your wandering? I'm sort of role playing a wild west type gunslinger for now so I've been using the pipe pistol with a side of shotgun in close quarters. I have Kellog's pistol but since .44 ammo is pretty rare I save it for special occasions.

Also, I just learned that adding a scope to your weapon increase the amount of action points needed to fire it in VATS. I had no idea. Is that rating shown anywhere in the weapons stats when modding it? I don't see it. I see Fire Rate but that doesn't change when changing scopes.
    Last edited by JockoPablo; 07-12-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 809 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JockoPablo View Post
    Is it necessary to give settlers weapons and/or armor?

I just now gave my companion (Piper at the moment) a new weapon I found in hopes of making her more helpful in a fight.

What has been your main go-to weapon through most of your wandering? I'm sort of role playing a wild west type gunslinger for now so I've been using the pipe pistol with a side of shotgun in close quarters. I have Kellog's pistol but since .44 ammo is pretty rare I save it for special occasions.

Also, I just learned that adding a scope to your weapon increase the amount of action points needed to fire it in VATS. I had no idea. Is that rating shown anywhere in the weapons stats when modding it? I don't see it. I see Fire Rate but that doesn't change when changing scopes.
    You can, it certainly helps their ability to defend the settlement, but man is it a pain in the ass to keep giving them spare armor and weapons. I gave up on it pretty quick. Giving companions better gear is far more useful imo.

My most used weapon probably ended up being an assault rifle. Early on I think I used a 10mm pistol and whatever rifle I had for range/sniping.

Also used shotgun for cq, especially against feral ghouls.

Later I think my quickslots were AR, Sniper, Shotgun, and a silenced pistol. All modded legendaries. Got hooked on the Railroad Gun towards the end though. Toot toot!

Sent from my 1+3 using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gink For This Useful Post:

JockoPablo (07-13-2017)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TonkaToys For This Useful Post:

DeadChaos (08-15-2017)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17