Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,263 Times in 1,474 Posts

Fallout 4 General Discussion

Chris Avellone of Fallout fame discuss what they'd like to see in the next Fallout!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,047 Posts
    I hope they drop some info soon. Soooooooo looking forward to this. Just bought New Vegas again.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    I was half tempted to buy new vegas last week. Ive only played a small portion of it. I absolutely loved FO3. I cant wait for FO4, but Id be even happy with a new non mmo Elder Scrolls. Skyrim stole my life for a long time.

Thanks
    There is a website that some people believe is a teaser for Fallout 4: http://thesurvivor2299.com/

Here is the original article I read about it, which discusses the possibility, but with some doubts: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...llout-4-teaser

IGN just posted another article today saying the site has been updated to add the language "Nuclear Winter Has Come": http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/...r-site-updated

A commenter on one of these articles says he translated the code on the teaser site and it says the following (take with a grain of salt as I have no idea if the translation is accurate):

The message translates:

"THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON'T HELP US. I'M HEADING TO BLACK ROW."
    -TBNLS 5120-

NUCLEAR WINTER HAS COME

Morse Code:

1. ”CQ CQ BST IS GONE II BST IS GONE N HPE FREQ 3450 RT GB AMERICA”
    Translation: “GENERAL CALL, GENERAL CALL, BOSTON IS GONE, I REPEAT, BOSTON IS GONE. NO HOPE. FREQUENCY 3450 RETURN TRANSMISSION. GOD BLESS AMERICA”

2.“CQ CQ DE OVS 119 EMERG EN UNKN SOS SOS VT 119 QBN 7667 EN UNKQ”
    Translation: “CALLING ALL STATIONS, THIS IS OVERSEER 119 EMERGENCY ENEMY UNKOWN, SOS. VAULT 119 QUABBIN 7677″

3. “CQ CQ DE VT OS 119 ANBNR QBN SOS V DR BRE II SOS V DR BRE EN UNKN LVL 1 2 3 GONE SRV ON SL LVL 4″
    Translation: “CALLING ALL STATIONS, FROM VAULT119. ANYBODY NEAR QUABBIN SEND HELP, VAULT DOOR BREACH, REPEAT, SEND HELP, VAULT DOOR BREACH. ENEMY UNKNOWN, LEVEL 1 2 3 GONE, SURVIVOR ON LEVEL 4″

4. “MY DEAR SISTER. I’M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THE OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. -0321-”
    Apparently there have been rumors for awhile that the next Fallout game would be based in Boston, and if these translations are real, it would seem that way. The countdown on the site ends on December 11th.

The symbol on the teaser site is also the Valt Tec symbol: Fallout-4-Vault-Tec.jpg

What do you all think? Fallout 4, different game, or a hoax? I'm praying for Fallout 4 reveal, and if there is any news about one console getting exclusive content, that will make up my decision about which next gen console to get first.
    Last edited by Borlaxx; 12-03-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,047 Posts
    Not a hoax. We discussed this a while ago in the chat, and I thought another thread. The site is registered to ZeniMax Media, the parent company of Fallout 3 developer Bethesda Softworks.
    This missing signature brought to you by PhotoBucket.

This hobby we love called gaming has a huge proportion of scrotums playing it. - Major Stains

Thanks
    Hope you're right - FO4 in the near future would be awesome on the new consoles.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,263 Times in 1,474 Posts
    I'd put money on it at this point that FO4 is announced soon and we have it either late next year or early 2015.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro View Post
    have it either late next year or early 2015.
    You're probably right, but so much for having it on the "new" consoles! But yeah, if they're announcing it on 12/11/13 then its probably not landing real soon, unfortunately.

Thanks
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/12/08...site-is-a-hoax

Turns out the teaser site was a hoax and is not connected to Fallout at all. The waiting game continues.

Thanks
    Boooo! I'd like to see that jackass get "burned". Oh well, the FO series is a proven moneymaker, so it will be back someday. Guaranteed.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast